General Policy
Midwest Industrial Trade School believes in equal educational opportunities for all individuals, regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age or handicap or disability in the educational programs it operates. The school reserves the right to deny admission, re-admission or re-enrollment to anyone who may pose a risk to the best interests of the school community and the students enrolled.
Midwest Industrial Trade School has an open admissions policy, which means that anyone over the age of 16 may apply, even without a high school diploma. The school reserves the right to guide your placement in a course based on past academic and work related experiences.
If you are receiving financial aid, you must notify the administration director during enrollment.
High school students may enroll in both welding and pipe fitting courses at the same time, with permission from high school officials.
Application Procedures
To apply for admission to Midwest Industrial Trade School, you will need to:
1. Submit an application for admission. If you are applying to more than one course, you will need to submit an application for each course of interest.
2. Application must be received by tuition due date to ensure a seat is available for the scheduled course start date.
International Student Admissions
International students will need to supply the Information above plus:
1. A complete statement of financial support during tenor in school programs.
If additional information is needed, contact the Admissions Office with questions.
Re-enrollment Procedures
If you are a former Midwest Industrial Trade School student, contact the Admissions Office to see if your file can be re-activated. To be re-admitted, you must meet all applicable admission requirements listed. You may be re-admitted to course programs subject to the availability of space in the course and an evaluation of your previous progress and course standing.
Special Student Admission
If you are a veteran of the Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserve unit, contact your local Veterans Administration Office early in the application process to certify your status and benefits allowed. To receive educational assistance from the Veterans Administration, you must meet the "pursuit of education and academic standards" established by the VA policy. You are responsible for knowing and following policies that apply to you as a veteran. If you are a widow, widower or child of a veteran, you may also be eligible for educational benefits. The local VA representative can help answer your questions.
Senior Citizens
If you are 62 years or older and live in the school area, you may apply for each individual technical course on a space available basis at a cost of $35.00 per class or laboratory plus material fees as required. Special registration for seniors is conducted the first 3 days of classes.